Though it is not necessary, you might want to prayerfully consider choosing an over-arching theme for your Mom to Mom each year. This year we chose “Gratitude,” weaving the topic into our devotional times, Chew ‘n Chats, guest speaker topics, “quote of the day,” and closing celebration brunch.
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done” (Philippians 4:6, NLT).
Guest Speaker Topics
- “Is Gratitude Conditional?”
- “Thanksgivin’ Livin’: A Hands-on Prayer Experience”
- “Hand in Hand: Hospitality and Gratitude”
Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Note: Each Titus 2 Leader was given a copy. We discussed select chapters throughout the year at our Chew ‘n Chats.
Selected Quotes of the Day (from Choosing Gratitude)
- “Choosing gratitude means choosing joy.”
- “Gratitude is a life-style.”
- “Let’s allow the Spirit to make gratitude the new default setting of our hearts.”
- “Thanksgiving puts us in God’s living room. It paves the way to His presence.”
Closing song: “Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart” by Henry Smith
Suggested Summer Reading
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
—Saundria, in Tennessee