A biblically-based parenting program for churches and community groups
“teach the older women to . . . teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.” Titus 2:3–4
Mom to Mom is a Biblically based parenting program designed around the Titus 2:4 concept of older women teaching and encouraging younger women in their relationships with their husbands and children. It includes quality instruction in parenting, small group discussion, and the interaction of more experienced mothers with younger moms. Designed to be both a place of nurture for committed Christian women and a "safe place" to bring community friends, it often becomes a bridge into the church.
Since its inception at Grace Chapel in Lexington, Massachusetts in 1991, Mom to Mom has inspired a number of other churches to reach out to the moms in their communities with similar programs. We receive requests from all over the country – and beyond – for information and access to our materials and curriculum. We are now finally able to make available a set of materials for use in other Mom to Mom groups.
Do young mothers in your church or community feel:
isolated . . .
- without extended family in the area?
- in neighborhoods without other moms at home?
- missing the camaraderie of the workplace?
- in a culture that minimizes their value and role as mothers?
- by information overload from parenting "experts?"
insignificant . . .
intimidated . . .
Do you know women who need to be reminded:
- "I'm not the only one who feels this way."
- "My job as a mom is the most important thing I'll ever do."
- "God does provide me with the resources to make this job possible."
Do you know young moms who are seeking the wisdom and influence of a "Titus 2" woman in their lives?
Teach the older women to teach . . . what is good. They can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.